Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random Thoughts on the Inauguration

Aretha's hat.

Oh. My. Word. She looks like she's been gift-wrapped. On the other hand, I have to admit there's a small part of me that wishes I could pull off a hat like that.

Oh, and she butchered "My Country 'Tis of Thee."

I'm glad to see that Michelle opted for glam and not warmth. All us women know that it's much more important to look good than feel good. Frostbite is such a small price to pay.

Note to self: When having someone who has never administered the oath before give it to someone who has never taken the oath before, practice makes perfect.

The musical arrangement by John Williams and performed by Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman, Gabriela Montero and Antony McGill: very cool. But what else would you expect from the guy who wrote the theme to "Star Wars?"

4 comments:

Nina Diane said...

you're so right on with all of those observations......funny

Amber said...

I was waiting on your take on all this mess....you did not disappoint! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I agree with everything you said.

The music moved me to tears.

I was thankful I watched it.

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

What a funny...and accurate spin you put on everything!