Friday, January 9, 2009

Ha! Ha! Ha!!!

I thought this was the funniest thing I've read in a long time until I realized that I think they may actually be serious.

PETA (People for the Unethical Treatment of Animals) has embarked on a new PR campaign for fish.

I kid you not.

They are proposing calling fish "sea kittens" because who would want to eat a "sea kitten"stick, really? Broiled Sea Kitten, anyone?

There is actually an online petition to ask the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to stop promoting "sea kitten hunting" (otherwise known as fishing.)

They really scary thing is as of right now 2,516 people have signed the petition.

3 comments:

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Oh my....What's next...

Mich said...

Oh my! Someone needs to get their bible out and read some good 'ol fishing stories...

It is a sad world when individuals care more about "food" than people!

Kev read your post and commented: "that is the dumbest thing I've heard!"

Amber said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! That is the funniest thing I've heard all day! Hysterical!!!!! :)

What's next!?!? Calling cows: field puppies.