Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mt. Magazine

Last weekend Wes had a conference he had to go to so I got to go with him. It was at the new lodge on Mt. Magazine. At 2,753 feet, it's no Pike's Peake, Mer, but it's as high as you get in Arkansas! Here's the view from our balcony...



I was very disappointed that it was so hazy the day we were there. However, the state park website states "The valley sometimes is covered like a sea of fog making many Ouachita peaks appear as islands." So now that I know it is "official" fog I feel privileged to have witnessed it firsthand.



It was quiet and peaceful. Here's the porch where I sat to do my morning bible study and the view from said porch:




Well, actually it was peaceful until the invasion of the tour bus full of senior citizens.

Apparently there are also some really beautiful waterfalls there. The website says they "require moderate to strenuous hiking" so if you know me, you know that AIN'T happenin'! Alas, no waterfalls for me.

Here's a picture of Wes hard at work selling patient heart monitors to unsuspecting nurse anesthesists.




Would you buy something from this guy? I totally would.

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Beautiful pics, Lisa! Yes, I would totally buy something from Wes...please tell him hello for me. I miss you guys.